When you get home:
1. Remove bandage within 1-3 hours after getting your tattoo.
2. Gently wash your tattoo with clean hands and an
anti-bacterial liquid soap such as Dial. Repeat as needed to remove plasma.
3. Gently pat your tattoo dry with a clean paper towel.
Do not rub. Allow your skin to dry completely by leaving it exposed-this takes at least 15 minutes.
4. It is optional to apply a small amount of tattoo lotion on
your tattoo, rub completely into skin so that it is not greasy.
5. In the first 24 hours after your tattoo, we suggest covering it in clean plastic wrap before wearing clothing or sleeping.
*If your clothing is irritating your tattoo it is suggested to use clean
plastic wrap in the first few days to create a barrier.
Do this only if necessary as oxygen is needed to heal.
- Wash with antibacterial soap and
pat dry with clean paper towel 1-2 per day.
- Apply fragrance-free lotion 3-5 times
daily, as needed.
After Day 4:
- The tattoo will begin to peel, this
is normal. DO NOT PICK!
- Continue using tattoo lotion for
- Wear clean, soft clothing over
your tattoo for the first 2 weeks.
*Average healing time: 2-4 weeks.
*Dry environments will prolong healing.
For a foot tattoo: go barefoot as much as
possible.To wear shoes: first wrap your clean
tattoo in Saran wrap, then cover with a clean
cotton sock before putting on your shoe.
Avoid sandals or flip flops that rub on
your tattoo to prevent damage.
- Do not pick, scratch, peel, slap, rub or irritate
- Do not soak your tattoo in water-stay away
from baths, pools and hot tubs and limit long
showers for 2-3weeks.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 3 weeks. This
includes tanning in a bed. Apply sunscreen after
it is healed to preserve longevity.
- Working out can damage your tattoo if you are
not careful! If it hurts or feels tender DO NOT
do the exercise. Beware of gym equipment,
clean it before use and shower after working out.
- Tight clothing.
- Avoid over-saturation of the tattoo with healing
ointment or lotion. Oxygen is a vital element to
healing skin. Suffocation will prolong healing